Kami kembali ke Singapura

After having two days of fun, we finally arrived on the third day of our trip. We had bookings for the 4.30 PM bus from Mersing to Singapore. However, we had tickets for only the 2.30 PM ferry to Mersing. Our experience was that they are pretty late. So, we wanted to head out early. Ahmad suggested we try our luck with the 12.30 shuttle. So, we had time till then to kill. We decided to head out to the nearby waterfalls, as suggested by Ahmad. This trek was quite fun, with different scenes to absorb compared to previous 2 days. On the way to the waterfall, we saw a Monitor lizard from above.

A few minutes trek took us to a small spot where a little water was getting collected. Being Indians and used to large waterfalls, we decided to trek further to see if we can reach the source. Doing about 15 mins of it was leading us to nowhere and we decided to track our way back. We got into the point where the rock fall was and then returned back.

With that little adventure behind us, we managed to get into the 12.30 ferry, which arrived an hour late and dropped us at 3.30 at Mersing. We had enough time to get ourselves a table in the nearby cafe. On my own, I decided to explore a bit of Mersing and head to the Chinese and Subramaniar Temples in Mersing.

After that, I returned to find myself an extremely tasty banana split for only RM7.

Not just that, these folks had already managed to grab a well made tasty vegetarian Pizza at that place. Apart from serving good food, they also have rock on boards.
Mersing truly rocks.

The bus operator, though issued a ticket to Singapore, made us change buses at Johor Bahru into the local bus connecting JB to Singapore. This was quite inconvenient as the local buses are far crowded. Once we cleared emigration at Malaysia end, we had one more super long queue for the Singapore bound bus to contend with. Once we navigated ourselves out of it, the rest of the trip was most uneventful. We ended up at Queen street by 9.30 PM having to go to office the next morning. We decided to grab a good meal at nearby Komala Vilas before hailing a cab back home.

The journey was quite good and Me and Nidhi greatly enjoyed the company of Hyacie and Rajiv. If you two are reading this, thanks for making the trip memorable for us. I would also like to thank Ahmad, the resort manager, for providing us with the deal fairly late in the game, when everything else was booked, and providing us with a good experience when we were there, including all the vegetarian food.

All our photos here are on flickr.

ps: "Kami kembali ke Singapura " in Malay means "We returned to Singapore" in English, just in case you were wondering about the title.

Popular Posts from this blog